Putting your true self out there on Facebook or Twitter is pretty easy. Those networks are more casual, more “anything goes.” Being you on LinkedIn, a professional network… that takes bravery! But it can pay off in a big way.
Being real on my LinkedIn profile was a big leap. The result of taking that plunge, was that I started attracting clients I truly love working with. It has been an integral part of my success as an entrepreneur and in building my orgasmically joyful life and business.
Here, I share the strategies I used in building a successful LinkedIn presence that is a true expression of me, both personally and professionally.
THIS IS HOW YOU ATTRACT CLIENTS YOU LOVE THROUGH LINKEDIN
Stand out, Connect, Participate.
Above all, BE YOU.
1- MAKE THE REAL YOU STAND OUT
What you do best + Your personality + Keywords = Sexy Headline
What makes a headline stand out:
Humor, creativity, accomplishments, how you help
You have 120 characters – use them wisely:
- PR Specialist? Try “Master of the Media ~
Public Relations and Publicity Expert”
- Copywriter? Try “Copywriter with proven ability to communicate business objectives into winning communication strategies”
- Business Coach? Try “Generated $1 million in revenue helping clients reach their online marketing goals this past year ~ Business Coach”
- Keywords get you found. What you do gives credibility.
Your personality gets you noticed!
You are more than your chronological experience.
Who are you, truly?
What do you bring to the table?
Paragraph 1 = Credibility
Who you are, your background, what you do
Paragraph 2 = The problem you solve
The problems your target market faces and how you solve them.
Paragraph 3 = Call to action
Call, email, download your eBook – Now that they want you, how do they get you?
You are a person. Write in the 1st person. It makes you relatable to other people.
SKILLS & RECOMMENDATIONS
Keywords + skill endorsements = higher LinkedIn search results
- At least 5 to 10 recommendations gives social proof of what you do
- How do you get them? Give them to others! 🙂
- Recommend and endorse people you truly believe in. They will be more likely to recommend and endorse you back.
- CONNECT: ALWAYS BE CONNECTING!
Connect with 25-50 new people each week.
You will only be shown in someone’s search results if you are a 1st, 2nd or 3rd degree contact
.More connections = higher visibility
Make it personal! People are more likely to accept your request if you tell them why you want to connect.
- Join groups where your target market hangs out
- Join groups you have a genuine interest in
Note: You can join up to 50 groups & you can message fellow group members for free!
- Review notifications daily
- Recognize birthdays and work anniversaries
- Reply to messages within 24 hours
- Pitch right off the bat – what a turn off!
3.PARTICIPATE: BE PART OF THE ACTION!
Post minimum 5x per week (be active!), maximum 2x per day (not too active…)
5X per week 2X per day
BE A GROUPIE!
Participate in your groups:
Post stuff, share stuff, comment, like stuff (everybody likes a like!)
Every post, comment, share and like should be an authentic reflection of who you are.
- Be consistent. Be diligent. Be present.
- Plan to devote at least 30 minutes per day to LinkedIn.
ABOVE ALL…. BE YOU!!!
Download this infographic.